1 medium-size round pumpkin
1 medium onion
2 teaspoons of oil
120g cooked brown rice
3 teaspoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
3 teaspoons raisins or sultanas
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
salt and pepper
1. Wash the pumpkin and cut a slice from the stalk end to use as a lid.
2. Remove the seeds and fibre.
3. Soften the onion in the oil, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Fill the pumpkin with the combined mixture.
5. Place the lid on the pumpkin and bake for an hour in a moderate oven, until the flesh is soft.
6. Bring to the table as it is. Cut generous slices, topping each with the stuffing.
Griselda Browne, Gloucester Food Hub Member